Making your message clear, so people will read and understand.
What is “Clear Language”?
Clear or Plain Language is a method of presenting information so it is easy for everyone to read and understand.
- It considers how the document looks as well as what it says.
- It aids comprehension and understanding.
- It is focused on the reader not the writer.
- It is logical and well-planned.
- It is useful for conveying any message in any medium.
Clear Language means your reader never has to say – “Huh?!”
Why bother to use “Clear Language”?
- Saves time and money
- Makes your product or service information easier to read and use
- Ensures accessibility – vital information is understood by all
- Helps your organization meet the AODA Standards (Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act)
- Lessens training costs and down-time while increasing productivity and safety
- Focuses and clarifies key messages
Project READ is a member of LNO Clear Language Committee. We follow the Clear Writing Guidelines as recommended by the Learning Networks. Our Clear Language services include:
This consultation service provides both expert advice and complete re-writes (language and design) on documents of any length. We have trained and certified Clear Language Consultants with over 20 years experience.
Clear Message Workshops
We can provide workshops (minimum of 2 hours) to staff groups about the basic principles of clear language. In turn, your staff can apply those principles to in-house documents. These workshops are delivered by certified Clear Language Consultants.
We visit your organization and perform a detailed review of all signage, display boards, materials and brochures. We will provide a complete report on how to make your company more “clear” to the public and consumers.
Consultations for charitable agencies. We can review documents (maximum of 2 pages) and provide expert clear language advice. Maximum free consultation is one hour.
Please contact us for prices on the service that interests you.